Vaccination & Immunisation Update Training Course Outline
Run by Practice Managers for Healthcare Professionals
Update training on vaccinations and immunisations, covering childhood, flu and pneumococcal immunisation and vaccination programmes. This training meets the criteria for annual update for your portfolio.
Aim of the Course
To provide a systematic and co-ordinated approach to the childhood, influenza and pneumococcal immunisation programmes, delivering quality training based on the recommendations in the national standards in order to ensure best practice throughout the organisation.
Objectives to be Achieved
- To enable health professionals to promote and administer vaccines confidently, competently and effectively.
- To ensure that the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JVCI) and Department of Health recommendations and any Chief Medical Officer bulletins are implemented at local level by all involved in immunisation.
- To have the opportunity to debate current issues relevant to individual practice in a supportive environment.
- All qualified nursing staff who require an annual update.
- HCAs who have completed previous vaccination and immunisation training.
- Previous attendance at a full-day vaccination and immunisation training course.
- Knowledge of Patient Group and Patient Specific Directions.
- 2 Hours
All sessions are from 1 to 3pm and held at The Ridge Medical Centre, Cousen Lane, Bradford, BD7 3JX.
The course is available to all practice nurses or HCAs at a cost of £35 per person. Places are available on a first come first served basis.
For details of course availability please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01274 425678 / 07729 633136